6/5/07

Worth a reread...

...Last night I finished reading The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Bloom. I suppose I should say, rereading, it was at least my second time through the book. What an amazing story! As I reread it I found other "truths" I'd not noticed before which I've marked to find easily the next time I read it. Even though I'd read the book before, there was enough I'd forgotten or confused that the story almost felt new. (If you don't know the story, Corrie and her family hid Jews in their home and were part of an underground network in Holland during WWII.)

I've read a few other WWII stories, mostly others about LDS individuals or families during WWII in Germany. The thing that amazes me the most are the miracles that occurred during a time of such evil and wickedness. It's so great that miracles never cease! I saw a quote recently that said, "Look for the small miracles and you'll find they're everywhere." That seems like a great way to live and an honor to those who did just that at at time when wickedness seemed to be taking control of everyone and everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive never read the hiding place, but i am having it transfered to the herriman library right now! funny you should blog about wwii jews, there is a new diary found from a girl the age of anne frank that was in the news. a little polish girl.

Ann said...

i love that book. i should re-read it too. thanks for the idea.