6/26/07

It's Scheduled...

....I have registered to take the GRE on Saturday, July 21st at 8:00 am! My prep course ends on the 18th, I think I'll finish up working at this temp job on the 20th and then take the GRE on Saturday morning (so I can relax the rest of the weekend). So that summer morning I'll be sitting at a computer in the U's student services building trying to intelligently answer the questions that pop up on the screen in the time allotted. Everything I've read recommends that I plan 4 hours for the test. Ugh! [In-out-in-out...keep breathing...steady...in-out-in-out]

I still can't believe I'm doing this. However, the prep course I'm taking is very helpful and I'm surprised at how much is coming back from my HS math courses 20+ years ago! Also, the instructor is giving us pointers and hints to perform to our best ability and hopefully out smart the "trick" questions. He recommends that we take the exam as soon after the course ends as we can.

Now to keep going on the preparations, narrow down graduate schools and take the exam, then my summer of classes will be finished up and I can enjoy a down-time until the insanity begins again. Course I've still need to get a part-time job in place if possible...so much for the down-time.

2 comments:

ba and the boys said...

you'll do great on your final! if you were smart enough to choose me as a friend...wait...maybe you arent as smart as i thought...
xoxo ba

Ann said...

good luck!