6/18/07

"It's a small world after all...."

It seems that my world just keeps getting smaller and smaller. One of my first days at this temp job I was being introduced around and one of the guys said I looked familiar. He told me his name but I couldn't quite place it (he did look familiar to me too) and then it clicked...we were in the same ward at BYU my freshman year. We've had fun last week getting caught up and then today going through our old Deseret Towers dorm directory. Now I'll have to bring in my photo album from that year to see if I have pictures of him or his wife (she was an RA on the floor below me but still in our ward).

Also, I was getting somethings reorganized here and typing up a list of people who might still get mail here but no longer work here. I came across the name of a guy from my last family ward when I lived in Quailbrook. His wife and I worked together in the Primary on the music, she played and I lead. I sent her an email letting her know about this second connection between the two of us (one of her college friends is a former co-worker of mine).

Prior to these two reunions, I've had a few more "small world encounters." Out of the blue I've reconnected in some way or another with the guy I liked my first two years of high school - Paul, a roommate from BYU - Chris (and her husband too, who I also knew), a roommate from the U - Michelle, my best-friend from high school - Tina, to mention just a few more.

Some friends have said that I know half of Utah and am related to the other half....I don't know that I would agree with that comment but I would say that I am fairly well connected. It's fun to see these friends from so long ago and get caught up with each other since we were last in the same place at the same time.

1 comment:

ba and the boys said...

janae-i have been in public with you and you DO know everyone in utah in one way or another! the only person i know that would give a runfor your money is brenda! you know it's true!