5/23/08

No Announcements Here!

So this week I was asked if I was pregnant. Yeah, not really a highlight in any way, shape or form. When I questioned the person as to why they would think I was pregnant (after responding with a confident "No") they said because of the shirt I was wearing. I had on a loose fitting, squared cut, tunic type shirt. It's different from others I wear but I like it...well liked is probably more appropriate. Now to decide if I should toss or keep the shirt...and what to do with the 7 year-old boy who asked me. (The same 7-year old little boy who told me I just have to kiss someone and they will be my husband....Life's so easy when you're 7!) Guess I'll just keep laughing about the whole thing as I did during the conversation....about all you can do with 7-year old little boys sometimes....

2 comments:

Jennie said...

that is great! i have been asked it i was pregnant several times before... but the most memorable was before kevin and i were even engaged!

we were at a christmas party for his work and a lady asked me when i was due... due? it totally took me a minute or two to figure out what she meant!

i was mortified! first because she thought i was big enough to be pregnant... and second because we were not even married yet!

lol! i guess that doesn't mean anything to lots of people... but it sure meant something to me!!!

BJohnson said...

Yes, I've always been grateful for a bit of advice given me in my younger years: "Never, ever, ask a woman about her pregnancy unless she's actually delivering a baby at that moment."

Er, scratch that. I suppose that's not a good time for casual conversation. Ok, how about this: Never ask her how her pregnancy's going unless she's told you she's pregnant sometime in the last ten (but not more than ten) minutes.

Or . . .

Or maybe just give up waltzing in minefields altogether.