As is common when this outfit is worn, I received a compliment from a co-worker on my cute pants. I even mentioned that I needed to find another shirt to go with it since the one I originally bought was getting a bit worn and faded.
I kept going about my day taking care of the various tasks which are my responsibility. As I squatted down to contemplate moving some storage stuff around I hear the sound of fabric ripping. Somehow I knew that it was my beloved pants. I felt where I figured the rip occurred and sure enough, there it was, right in the seat where the untucked shirt doesn't cover.
Though I haven’t looked yet at the rip I fear that it’s beyond repair. You may suggest a patch and that could work, however, I seem to recall noticing that the seat of the pants was getting worn. I knew eventually that this might happen but hopped that I’d have several more seasons with these darling pants. Now I must plan their funeral and lay them to rest. I’m so sad that their life has been cut so short. I suppose I could use parts of the pants for something else but I don’t know exactly what yet.
So far I’ve done a fairly good job of not letting it get me down but I fear I’m still in shock over it all and the emotions will surface later this evening. Maybe I’ll have to just spend the evening consoling myself and drowning my sorrows with a big bowl of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. *sniff sniff*
4 comments:
How sad!! With your cute figure, I'm sure you'll be able to find a suitable replacement in no time :)
you cant tell, but i have a frown-y face. im sorry for your loss.
time for a shopping spree!!!
wish i had something as comforting as green, silk, plaid pants! my clothes aren't nearly as exciting! sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment