12/19/07

Whew!

Finals are finished. Mine were all done Tuesday of last week (the 11th). It's such a relief to have them completed. Now I've got a few weeks to relax, straighten the house, wrap gifts, bake, finish preparing for choir concerts, laundry, file away notes and books, prepare my primary lessons, buy books, deliver gifts, visit teach, work, apply to grad schools, and anything else that might come up I want/need to do; not so sure I'll get much relaxing done after all...my list keeps growing. Regardless, the break is nice.

Having this different schedule causes me to wonder how I accomplished anything when I worked full-time. It feels like a treat to not have to come home each night with a list of stuff to do and still have studying to get done too. Luckily, some of the things can be done while I'm at home for Christmas and/or when I get back. Then there are the aspects of being a student again that feel like perks...Christmas, summer, fall and spring breaks, free UTA pass, student discounts...looking for that silver lining.

3 comments:

ba and the boys said...

don't forget to sleep! you need to cathc up on that! be sure to post your awesome grade!
xoxo
ba

MaryRuth said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you get a break!!!

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

p.s. I need your address for Christmas cards!

Jennie said...

so exciting! i love having a break! i think they should make breaks mandatory in the work place as well!