So I've received some dating advice recently that was, to say the least, interesting. A boy in my ward said something about me having children and I answered that I wasn't married and so I wasn't a mom yet. The next day when I saw him (I tutor him so see him regularly) he brought up the subject again and the conversation went something like this:
C: "You just have to kiss someone and then you have a husband."
J: "If only it were that easy."
C: "It is. You just kiss someone to get a husband."
J: "But, Christian, if I did that then I would be moving away and wouldn't see you on Sundays."
C: "No, you could get a house here [meaning the neighborhood where a run-down needing lots of work has a list price of over $350k, sure, that's nothing but pocket lint...Also, why must I get the house? Best leave that one alone...] then you kiss someone and have a husband."
Last night I was at my sisters, to do my laundry and also watch her girls while she went Visiting Teaching. While we were having dinner, I mentioned the conversation to her. Not to be outdone, my niece piped up with her advice along these lines:
S: "You just kiss someone and then you get pregnant."
Pause from the adults, and eye contact between us, waiting to see what was coming next...
S: "You kiss someone. Then you get pregnant and then you become a family!"
If they are right, I either have a husband or two out there that I don't know about or a bunch of alimony due to me, I could use it to buy a house in my neighborhood...this is getting better and better. Heavens, I could even have a child or two running around somewhere...
(Guess I should have clarified at the start that both of the advisers are under the age of 7. Ah, the innocence of children...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment