9/16/09

Quick Update

I have tons to be doing today & right now but thought I'd do a fast update on the last few weeks. (Sorry no pictures since I haven't downloaded any for awhile.)
  • Thursday, September 3, returned to work from lunch and found out I was being laid-off effective immediately and would be paid through Friday. Not too stressful since we'd been discussing when I could quit. We went out to dinner and a movie that night to celebrate.
  • Applying for a new job.
  • Went to the SE Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot, ID. Can now say I've been to Blackfoot and not just driven by on I-15.
  • Packing boxes-our move is only a few weeks away so I'm trying to get a jump start on all the preparations. (Dan works for Biomat which is a blood plasma donor center. He will be finished with all of his training-9 months of it!-in about 1 more month so then we'll go to a center where he will work as an assistant manager for 6-9 months. Then we'll most likely transfer again where he will be working as a manger. Ugh, 2 relocations in about 1 year's time, not something I'm looking forward to!!!)
  • Preparing for our trip to Chicago and drive west. We fly on Sunday, September 20. Load the truck on the 21st and start our drive on the 22nd. We plan to make a vacation out of it. We have the time and the miles so why not? Nauvoo, Carthage, Far West, Adam-Ondi-Ahman, Liberty Jail, & Independence in the first 2 days. Then just driving the next two to Denver and onto Cedar City where the unloading of the truck will begin before we return on the 26th to Pocatello. Excited about the trip, except for the 5 days driving in a 16' moving truck.
  • Notified Amanda & Sid of our tickets to the Scarlet Pimpernel. We purchased them in April for September 19th, which has finally arrived! Both kids are super excited about the evening's events. Dan and I are looking forward to it too.
  • Purchased 8 birthday cards yesterday! Have September-January birthday cards purchased, with one exception in January.
  • Trying to get things in place for 1 more show before we leave Pocatello. After a week of nightmarish challenges, we realized the right decision was to not do another show.
  • Helping Dan get ready for his work trip to Kennewick, WA. He leaves Tuesday, September 29th. Good thing we return on the 26th from our trip!
  • Deciding if I will drive up for part of Dan's time in Kennewick.
  • Was released from the Primary the end of August and put in as the 2nd Counselor in the Young Women's. No more quarterly sharing time activities. That's been replaced with weekly young women's activities....not sure that's an even trade-off....

That's all I can think of at the present. Have to get a move on attacking my growing To Do list for today...gotta run...

No comments: