1/18/09

Way past update time...I know...Part 3

Ok, so the talk is over and went well, thanks to those who have asked. Plus, Dan's having a "man date" (Gilmore Girls reference here) with his son which means that I have a little time to try and get more of an update posted....so here goes...

After a few weeks and a visit or two, Dan and I were able to shop for my ring. He'd suggested I go look at settings and then narrow down the selection. I had it down to 4 then went back a couple weeks later with to look at them. I altered my selection by eliminating a couple and adding one or two more. When Dan and I talked on the phone I mentioned that one setting kept coming to mind for me. Even though he'd not seen it yet, he said to go ahead and set that one aside. When we went into the store together, we settled on the one I'd kept thinking about. I'd always wanted my wedding band to look ok by itself and we looked at those together. I wanted Dan to help me choose part and so he helped with the final selection of my wedding band. Now that the selection is complete and I've had them both on my finger for a few months now (3 since yesterday to be exact) I find that I'm often looking at both as I'm working. I still admire them so I suspect that means I've picked the right rings.


We spent several visits, after everything was official, getting to meet and know each other's families. We were able to attend a family reunion for my mom's family and one for his siblings.
Picnic with Kevin, Nathan and Cameron to meet Dan.
Singing the Horrocks Family Song at the family reunion. Broadbents, we CAN NOT be outdone!
The Chicken Song performed by Dan, Mark and Andy Horrocks
with Sid Horrocks on the guitar.
We even celebrated our first Christmas together in August!
Sid and Dan after opening their Christmas gifts for Playmill Christmas.

Throughout the summer I would periodically send Dan cards or notes in the mail. Sometimes I would leave them at his place so he'd find them after I'd left for home. Going to the post office for Dan was often a surprise throughout the whole summer.


At least one of us got some mail this summer! :)

The Playmill Theater in West Yellowstone, Montana, Dan's place of employment the summer we met and got engaged. Many hours were spent here during our visits. We were able to watch all three shows they put on, See How They Run, Oklahoma!, and Hello, Dolly!

This is where Dan was the first time I walked into the Playmill, and many visits after. In fact, we could often both be found in the box office when I was up visiting.



Dan and Sid were roommates for the summer while they both worked at the Playmill. They resided in an older hotel which all of the Playmill cast lived in. Not much but they had a good time.

Well, Dan's back home and the hour is quickly getting late. Guess I'll have to sign off here. So...To be continued....

1 comment:

MaryRuth said...

it's a beautiful ring! I love it!