2/7/09

Can I please have a do-over today!

This has not really been my morning. We'll be heading to Logan shortly for the USU/LSU game (Amanda & Sid gave us tickets for Christmas). I thought I'd make some Rice Krispy Treats. We don't have any Rice Krispies so I thought I'd use Cheerios instead. I start to get things together and realize the only butter I have is still in the freezer. Oh, well it has to be melted anyway, it should be fine. I turn on the burner and keep gathering things together...well the burner on my electric stove starts to sound funny and I realize that I turned on the rear and not front burner. Not a huge deal except the marshmallow packages were on the burner. Whoops. I try to quickly clean up part of the mess and get the right burner going. I add marshmallows, those not fried to the now open package, and since they are a little old, they just keep lumping together. It never really melted quite right. As if that wasn't enough. I think I had way too many marshmallows and not quite enough Cheerios. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?

Now, had I had a gas stove, which is my personal preference, this problem never would have happened! What's with everyone thinking electric ones are so great. I have never liked them and continue to find reasons why my dream house will have a gas range!

P.S. anyone know how to clean burned plastic bag off of a flat electric burner????

4 comments:

ba and the boys said...

i have electric stoves and only agreed to have one in this home if A. the wall was also plumbed for gas and 2. we name child #2 anything i want. in a few years when the electric one dies, i will get my gas range and still have my 'nathan patrick'!
i will join the 'i hate electric ranges' group on facebook if you start one!

Kelley said...

I've had a day like that, and I've done the same thing with a batch of rolls I had plastic wrap on, I put them in one oven just to keep warm (I thought it was off!) and it was the one I was pre-heating for the next recipe! I had to throw away the whole batch of rolls and the two tins.... the plastic wrap had melted and pinned and plasterd the roll to the muffin tins!
I really think you have to get the plastic warm again and then scrape off with a knife. I'm glad other people have days like I do! It somehow makes it easier. Love ya!

Steph said...

Rice Krispy's are just way over-rated! Okay not really - I love rice krispy squares... but just trying to make you feel better... did it work? Hope you're doing well!

Voluptuotron said...

Rice Krispies Rock! (They made a great "birthday cake" for a kids party too.) Glad to know I'm not the only one who has rough days. Thanks for being brave enough to share.