1/2/09

Way past update time...I know...Part 2

The laundry's going...Dan's on his computer and so I thought I'd jump on mine and try to get more of an update completed.
I was able to add another state to the list I've visited!
A couple weeks after I went to Yellowstone (well, West Yellowstone to be exact) Dan came to Salt Lake to visit me. Amanda came too and I was able to meet his daughter. (I'd met is son, Sid, on my first trip to Yellowstone.) That's the weekend we unofficially got engaged! Amazingly enough, we were able to keep it a secret from most everyone for 2 weeks before we announced it.
For the 2 weeks between our visits, Dan would call me every night after he got off work at the Playmill Theater in West Yellowstone. We would talk for an hour or more, usually more, each night learning more and more about each other. The nightly calls continued, with the exception of when we were together, until I moved to Pocatello the beginning of October.
The trip after Dan's came to see me in SLC was me up to Pocatello. I met 2 of his siblings, we attended Anthems of America, and made time to go do some Temple work together at the Rexburg Idaho Temple.
The two of us in front of the Rexburg Idaho Temple.
My next visit was July 4th weekend. I was getting spoiled, this made for two weekends in a row! I liked that idea and concept a lot. On July 4th we went into Yellowstone Park for a couple hours. There while sitting on the banks of the Madison River, Dan officially asked me to marry him, and I said YES! (I think we'll be spending many future July 4th weekends in Yellowstone Park!!!) We didn't have a ring yet, we'd not been able to shop for one together yet, so for the first several weeks I wore a simple 2mm gold band I'd purchased as "protection" years ago.
That night we met up with my former college roommate (Chris Barkdull) and her family to watch the West Yellowstone fireworks show.

Dan watching the fireworks show.

The rest of the weekend was spent calling family to let them know we were getting married. There was much rejoicing from all who heard the news then and as we kept spreading the word for the next few weeks. After the announcing the fun began...meeting the rest of our families (he'd still not met my dad yet)...setting dates...coordinating schedules...making wedding plans...all the stuff that needed to be done for our next phase of life together!

Ok, blogger's being weird (sorry about the lack of paragraphs, I hit enter but Blogger just keeps smushing everything together), guess I'll stop the post here so I don't lose it or anything...

2 comments:

Renee said...

YAY!!! You are back on you blog. I am loving your updates. Thanks for posting! I love hearing the background info on the engagement. Keep up with your resolution. Take Care! Renee

Kelley said...

Keep em comin! I love updates! I feel like you are so far away now. But really we'll see you probably just as often as we used too. :( Sad how life gets in the way. I read through all 3 Twilight books in two weeks or so, on to #4! Nathan read them all AGES ago. Love ya! Kelley