2/12/08

Thought to sleep on...

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." ~ Melody Beattie


This quote was shared in church on Sunday, February 3, 2008 as part of a lesson in Relief Society on gratitude. Since that lesson, I've been following the recommendation of the presidency to be more grateful and I've noticed a HUGE difference! There is real power in being grateful, I felt it almost instantly. I'll be posting this quote where I can see it frequently. Eventually I think it needs to be committed to memory but that's for when school's not in session.

2 comments:

ba and the boys said...

so beautiful
so true
thanks for sharing!

Jennie said...

hi there! thanks so much for your sweet offer to stay with you if needed! i just might take you up on that! however, i realized that i do not have your number! may i have it? thanks!