UGH! My computer was acting up so my brother took a look at it for me and fixed a bunch of things. Somehow the printer drivers disappeared and I don't know how it happened but now I can't print. Not a huge deal except that I have articles the professor put on reserve that I need to print and read tonight. Well, I im'ed my bro and asked him how to fix it quickly since I don't know where the cd might be. He suggested that I check the manufacturer's website and download the drivers. Well, I started that tonight with the estimated time being at most 1900 minutes, which translates into 31 hours, for dial-up users! (Yes, I still use dial-up, it's just so cheap and generally works fine for my needs....maybe I really should consider my provider's DSL option for only a few dollars more. I know I should get with the times but I'm trying to be good and cut costs wherever necessary during this whole school thing....) I looked too to see about having them send me the installation cd. They charge me for it and I won't get it for 5-7 days....That doesn't really work either. So I started the download and have been doing other things at the same time (probably adding to the download time since my little dial-up system is so bogged down). Well, after 20 minutes or so 1% was completed, I get this error type sound from my computer and noticed that the download screen was gone! In its place was a screen telling me that I wasn't permitted to access something on my server! Guess I have to figure out where the installation disk is that came with my printer when I bought it....Good thing I only needed to be on the internet for a few minutes tonight.....so much for that one....
Geez, now my internet randomly disconnected and I lost the check I was doing to see if the drivers were even installed correctly to try and troubleshoot that way....guess it's just not my night for the computer....
9/11/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i hate techy stuff... i am no good at it!
i hope all is well now...
Post a Comment