Why is that? Why can't we just stay in summer and no school or work forever??? Oh, yeah, food, shelter, clothing...bummer...Before school started back up I took a little time off to relax and enjoy the summer activities and weather. So here's my "What I did over the Summer" summary....
- Touring all 33 houses on the Salt Lake Parade of Homes in 3 days. (I'll be sharing some of the ideas I gathered in a future post.)
- Straightening up my bedroom and rearranging furniture.
- Completing my GRE prep course and the exam. Listening to others in my classes worry and prepare for the exam, I'm really glad to have it over with.
- Three trips to Salt Lake's Hogle Zoo.
- Dinner with Kara during her 1½ day visit to SLC from Tokyo. (Kara, please be sure to send me copies of the pictures you took while we were together. Can't wait to see you again for Christmas, hopefully.)
- Several family outings: Bear Lake for a family reunion with Nathan, Shayla's 4th Birthday party, Midway with Mom & Dad, Kelley's family cabin with the UT group + Mom & Dad, picnic in Bountiful while Ann, Tyler & Lucy where here, babysitting Shayla and Cambree...
- Activity Day Outing with the 8-11 year-old girls from church.
- A couple temp jobs.
- Getting my schedule all worked out for the fall; Anatomy of Speech and Hearing, Language Science, Pediatric Speech Pathology, Voice Lessons, and Aural Habilitation/Rehabilitation.
- Meeting some new guys at various singles activities, meeting new men isn't a regular occurrence so definitely worth recording. No announcements (several of them have already disappeared) just being honest about the summer.
- Setting up a part-time job that works well with my schedule.
- Meeting with my academic advisor, 2 full semesters and 1 on-line class next summer, then I'm all finished with the prerequisites!
Now it's back to school and work...After this full, relaxing and enjoyable summer, I'm really thinking that a job within a school is a great way to go after I'm done with my master's program. Vacations in the rest of the business world don't come often enough or long enough.
Ugh...more computer issues, had this all ready to go and then, somehow, I deleted it ALL, pictures, text, everything! Then there's all the spacing issues with my post...Sometimes computers can be such a pain....
5 comments:
how exciting for you... it sounds like you had a great summer!
i, on the other hand, am relieved that it is over. summer is my busy time of year for work... and i find that i wish it all away!
i sure love fall though! so i am glad to have summer over!
(sorry about your computer issues)
In the picture with Cameron and Cambree swinging do Kelley, Brian, and Tyler all have camcorders out recording it? We are such nerds!
Or maybe we just married a bunch of nerds. They are the waters and not the bloods.
you forgot to put a delicious dinner with brenda and beth anne! even if the company wasnt all that great, the food was!
Deb, I think they were just taking digital picts of their children enjoying the swings not necessarily videoing. I didn't realize I got all the waters with the cameras though. Thanks for pointing that out, it make the picture even more funny. We just needed you, Nic and Tate to complete the group.
Post a Comment