7/6/07

Saturday Road Trip

A couple weeks ago I decided to clear my schedule and head down to attend a session in the Manti Temple. Luckily it was a pleasant Saturday afternoon, not too hot and not much traffic. I brought along my MP3 player (which I can plug into my car's audio system!!!) and listened to some music as I drove. Of course, singing along most the way down and back. Who cares what I looked like to everyone I passed on the road....I was having a good time.

The Manti Temple is such a beautiful temple. I haven't been down there for a session in several years and I'd forgotten just how elegant it is. So many memories came back from my first time through the temple, which was at this temple, and from the years of visiting Aunt Jane and Uncle Chris, and family, when they were living in Manti. (I just love the temples but the pioneer temples and all their history...I think they are extra special.)

On the way home (getting out of "Dodge" before all the Manti Pageant attendees arrived) I stopped and visited Grandma's grave in Mt. Pleasant for a little while (no memory writing this trip because I was getting together with friends that evening in SLC and was a little pressed for time). I also stopped by Cousin Lee Phillps' house where we've held family reunions. I think they've sold the house since the facade has been changed and a couple pulled in who didn't look familiar at all.

Lastly, was a stop for a Bishop's Shake...well not a bishop's shake exactly but I did get a shake and dinner from the Dairy Freeze to enjoy on the drive home. Then back on the road for my return to SLC. It was a great visit (I guess you call it that when you do a solo road trip). Very relaxing and worth the time. I have to be sure and go back again soon but this time make sure can stay to do some writing at Grandma's grave and get memories of her recorded. (That makes two temple road trips this summer...one in May and one in June...think I'll be planning one for July and August too....)

No comments: