7/9/07

Come to find out...

...in addition to owning the Dodo Restaurant, I have my own country. I really do. Just ask my niece Shayla. Shayla's been referring to the Dodo as "JaNae's Restaurant" for awhile now. She'll ask Lynette to take her there when they are at the Gateway or metion they had lunch with friends at my restaurant. I'm sure she got that idea from one afternoon I met Lynette there for lunch and at the last second Shayla said she wanted to come too. The 3 of us enjoyed lunch together and then did a little shopping at The Gateway Mall. Since then, it's become my restaurant.

As to the country, well, Lynette called me on Saturday and said that Shayla had been playing at a park and made a new friend. (They are vacationing in Chicago at Papa and Grandma Cago's house.) Shayla commented on how she has lots of friends; all of her friends at her house, friends in Chicago and friend's in "JaNae's country." I commented back to Lynette that I was Queen of the Universe and that the world revolves around me, when it's not revolving around her daughter of course. You just never know what to expect out of the mouths of nieces and nephews.

1 comment:

ba and the boys said...

so is your country having better weather than mine? i may join you!