3/7/07

One Liners

A friend at work was emailing me about a dvd she'd borrowed from me and put in the subject line "Banana Oil." It took me a second but then I realized exactly what she was referring to, the movie musical Thoroughly Modern Millie (the dvd she'd borrowed.) Suddenly I broke out in a smile remembering the scene. Later I began to think of all the great one liners from movies that just seem to stick with me. All I have to do is look at the dvd or video cover from my collection and the lines return. Some lines stuck and aren't even releases I have a copy of. Recognize any of these... (please pardon my memory as it might not be quite exact but I'm sure you'll get the idea.)

"I'm from Minnesota, that's SOUTH of Neanderthal."

"Sink Me!"

"To infinity and beyond!"

"I don't think we're in Kansas any more."

"Where did you put the electric blanket?" "Under the underwear."

"I put Windex on it."

"And, then I'd kick her, sir."

"I was hoping it was you."

"No one leaves without singing the blues."

"Indiana, that was the dog's name."

"1.21 Gigawatts! 1.21 Gigawatts!?"

"Matty, it's Thriller!"

"Try not to hit my dog"

"I washed my face and 'ands before I come..."

"Girly Girl"

"I don't want starburst or marble halls. I just want you."

3 comments:

Ann said...

JaNae-so nice to see you've joined the fray! I knew a bunch of those quotes-but not all. Brought smiles to my face!

angie said...

I am so glad you added "and then I'll kick her, Sir" - I am afraid that Bartok is an often forgotten character who definitely needs his moment in the sun!
By the way, I'm Ann's cousin.

ba and the boys said...

i love that you are doing this janae! im looking forward to reading all about your humorous life!