Thought I would share a couple of humorous items from the Feb ’08 Reader’s Digest:
“Jeff’s blind date with Suzanne was bad from the start—in short, they loathed each other. Fortunately, Jeff had asked his friend to call him so he’d have an excuse to leave if the date wasn’t going well.
“When his friend called, Jeff pretended to be in shock. ‘I have to leave,’ Jeff said to Suzanne. ‘My aunt just died.’
“’Thank [goodness],’ Suzanne replied. ‘if yours hadn’t, mine would’ve had to.’” (From Laugh Off by Bob Fenser)
“After ringing my aunt’s doorbell, I was surprised when she greeted me wearing a hat.
“’Are you just going out?’ I asked.
“’No dear,’ she replied. ‘I always put my hat on when someone comes to the door. Then, if it’s someone I don’t want to see, I can say I’m just popping out.’” (Lucy Grace)
These made me smile. I hope you get a kick out of them too.
PS-busy with the final move and wedding prep so this is probably it for awhile longer...
9/23/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment