On October 13th, I was babysitting Lynette's girls when there was a knock on the door. When Shayla, Cambree and I answered it, the gentleman at the door asked who owned the car parked across the street. I said it was mine and he said that the tire on their pickup truck had come off and flew into my car. I looked out and they were working on getting a spare tire onto their truck and I saw a long scrape on the asphalt from the truck sliding without a front tire.
When Lynette came home she got more details from their neighbor and apparently the teenage son was driving, rather fast, down the street and the lug nuts were loose and flew off followed by the tire. My poor car but I do have to say it was pretty brave, it didn't cry once.
One blessing is that the family works in the insurance business so they are not ones to let an accident go unreported or unclaimed. They immediately told me about the accident and later the father of the driver (Lynette and Brian's former Stake President no less) came by with all the insurance information and a claim number.Luckily it's pretty minor, as far as my highly trained eye can tell. I took it in for an estimate at a couple different body shops before getting it fixed and it was about $1100 damage and would take about 3 days to fix. Good thing I thought to ask about a rental car. Three days without a car would have made me nuts!
Thankfully no one was hurt. (I didn't have a clue the accident had even happened.) I'm not sure what would have happened had I followed the thought to not park my car where I did, but had I not, the tire might have gone into the house across the street and caused more damage or even injured someone.My car's been to the doctor's and they fixed it all up, it looks just like new again and I get to drive around in my cute, unbruised little car as if nothing ever happned. Of course I had to return the loaded 2007 Mazda 6 that I drove while my car was in surgery....I really like having my car back but it would been have some of the Mazda's extras in my car. Maybe my next car can have all that fun stuff in it too.
3 comments:
ouch! i am glad to hear that all went well with the surgery! if i can do anything... you know, bring over chicken noodle soup, flowers, run errands... let me know!
lol!
Luckily, the recouperation time was non-existant so no special meals needed to be brought in. Thanks for the offer just the same. :)
Glad to hear things are ok!!
Post a Comment