10/9/07

Having fun or not...

...time sure does fly! I attended my 20th High School reunion Saturday night (Oct. 6th). It was fun to see everyone again. Surprisingly, most of those attending were still recognizable after all the years. Several said the same about me. We did a "class picture" and when one of the guys joined the group, I called his name and turned around to say "Hi." Later in the evening when I was talking with him, he said that I didn't need to even say anything, he knew exactly who I was once I turned and faced him; that I hadn't changed one bit since high school. I suppose that's a compliment but I'd like to think that I've done some changing (hopefully for the better) since high school graduation.

Several had their cameras going off taking pictures of everyone. Luckily, with the modern convenience of email and digital pictures, those are already being shared with everyone. I need to email a couple people to be sure and get their copies of pictures since my camera stayed in my purse most of the night. Thank heavens for the spouses of my former classmates, they did a great job catching still images of the whole evening's festivities.

I was really surprised how many people have stayed within our small suburb, or a neighboring one, and of that group, how many did not attend the reunion. I realize that most of us have had no contact with each other for 20 years, myself included, but I made the effort to come 1500 miles for the evening, couldn't they come the 5-10 miles from their homes???? That's ok, the few of us who came had a good time. Don't know if I'll attend any others in the future but after making my appearance at this one, I know better what to expect and can make a more accurate decision.

Though the people won't mean much to you, here are a few pictures of those in attendance....(mind you, I didn't attend a high school with any other active LDS members in my graduating class....)

Pict. 1: Donny Fisher, Justin Koehler & Jack Losic

Pict 2: Me, Neil Buchelt, Todd Hanssen, Moonish Patel (Moonish's wife)

Pict 3: Jason Konder, Katy Quinlan, Karen Reese, Byron Wright, Tomi Taggart & RC McLaurin

Pict 4: Kent Walker, Dan Winz, RC McLaurin, Tom Kellen

Pict 5: Tomi Taggart & Sally Pelzer

3 comments:

ba and the boys said...

i can see you had a blast! and of course people think you havent changed! ive known you 12 years and the only this that has changed is your hair cut...still as cute as ever!
xoxox
ba

Jennie said...

how fun! i really enjoyed my 10 year high school reunion... several years ago... i think it is so fun to get together with everyone again!

i am definatley looking forward to my 20 in a couple years!

i am so glad that you went and shared the pics with us!!!

good for you!

Ann said...

you're much braver than me!